Valentine’s Day is just around the corner, and millions will be looking to find the best lingerie match. It seems that you don’t have to look far to find the best lingerie that suits you!
Best Lingerie Predictors
Believe it or not, while many women struggle with finding something perfect for themselves, lingerie expert and curator, Judy Nicole, says that finding your lingerie match could be as simple as first identifying your body type and then understanding your personality style.
For example, if your body type is curvy and you have an adventurous personality, you would be “Curvy and Adventurous.”
If your body type is slim and you have a shy personality, then you are “Slim and Shy.” The bottom line is that once you have these two things identified, then finding your perfect match may be easier than you think.
There are a few different body shapes and types:
- Apple/Inverted Triangle: This body shape is defined by broader shoulders and bust and narrower hips.
- Hourglass: The hourglass figure has balanced proportions for the hips and bust with a slim waistline.
- Pear/Triangle: This shape has a smaller bust and wider hips.
- Petite: A petite figure is defined by slimness, including the bust and the hips.
- Athletic/Rectangle: A rectangular shape has similar proportions in the bust and hips without the slim waistline found in an hourglass figure.
- Curvy: Curvy bodies are sometimes called full-figured, and they have well-defined hips and busts with curves everywhere.
While these categories give us a starting point for identifying one’s body type, it is essential to remember that every woman is unique and may not fit into neatly into a category. With so many body types in the market, it is no wonder that women have a hard time finding appealing clothing. It can be especially hard to find intimate apparel that works for each unique body type – but it is possible.
We each have our unique traits but overall there are some major ones that define a personality. However, certain styles can influence your comfort level and lingerie preferences. These include:
- Adventurous/Confident: An adventurous woman knows what she wants and has few inhibitions. She may be more comfortable with something a bit more out-of-the-box.
- Shy: For women who are shy, they might gravitate toward something a bit more reserved and classic.
- Adorable/Flirty: Some women love to show off a cute and flirty side. They may find lingerie that shows a bit while concealing a bit as well.
- Vibrant: A vibrant woman will want something that commands her partner’s attention. She may select something with deep and bold colours that really stand out.
These options only represent a few of the characteristics that women may identify with. The list demonstrates how personality may be connected to the clothing you like, especially when choosing lingerie.
Overcoming Lingering Lingerie Challenges
Once you know your body type and unique personality style, you can bring them together to find the right type of lingerie for you.
Judy Nicole, owner of Bella J Lingerie, started her lingerie company because finding comfortable lingerie was a challenge. It left her feeling excluded based on her specific physical traits. Now, as a lingerie consultant, she is able to help others overcome those challenges. Here are 5 tips to consider when choosing lingerie:
1. Know your options
Spend some time looking around at different vendors and styles. You can only find the perfect piece if you know all your options.
2. Opt For Comfort
It’s not just about comfort with a level of exposure, it’s also physical comfort. No one wants to feel physically uncomfortable. Opting for materials and cuts that lend well toward comfort in all areas is key.
3. Flatter Your Figure
If you know your body type but do not know what is flattering on it, do some research. The internet can be a great ally in finding something that flatters your figure.
4. Consider The Occasion
With Valentine’s Day coming up, select something a bit festive to celebrate the occasion.
5. Think About Your Partner
Just as you have preferences, your partner might as well. They might respond more positively to something in their favourite colour or style!
The Gist of it
Shopping for the lingerie can give many women anxiety. Lingerie should be an opportunity to feel beautiful, confident and sexy. It’s time to stop being our own harshest critics and enjoy the process of finding the best lingerie that will make you feel comfortable and confident. Relax, grab a glass, and make your shopping experience one of the most memorable ways to ensure your Valentine’s Day is one to remember!
What tips do you have to select the best lingerie?
P.S. If you enjoyed this post, sign up to my newsletter to get the latest advice, tips, and giveaways right into your inbox!