As a working woman, you juggle a lot of different responsibilities, and not just in the office. Maybe you’re married, in a relationship, you have kids, a side hustle, studying, the list can go on…
If you have a busy schedule, it may be time to invest in a good watch. Be it for yourself or for someone on your list, great watches for women are timeless.
Every woman should take care of all the details related to her personal style. Whether it’s a wardrobe, cosmetics or accessories every segment of her appearance is a reflection of a unique personality and taste. We all know that accessories like stylish leather handbag can transform a plain outfit into a bold fashion statement, but what about watches?
The Best Watches for Women
Watches for women are a perfect accessory, that even worn alone can be a statement piece. It’s not only men that get to enjoy them as part of their wardrobe. There are many different styles that are both affordable and fashionable. It’s an accessory worth investing in because it’s useful and glamorous.
When making your selection, there are some things you should know about how watches work and the types available that could help you make your decision.
There are 3 types of watch movement you’ll need to learn about.
Mechanical Watches for Women
Mechanical watches are powered by a mainspring. You have to wind them up to work. When you wind a mechanical watch, it tightens the mainspring, creating tension. That tension is released slowly over time, causing the hands to move smoothly around the face of the watch.
Automatic Watches For Women
An automatic watch also has a mainspring and operates in much the same way, but it winds itself as you wear it, so you don’t have to do it.
Both mechanical watches and automatic watches have more parts, require more maintenance, are more expensive, and less accurate than quartz.
Quartz Watches For Women
Quartz watches are battery powered. They are typically cheaper, more accurate, and easier to maintain. However, they tick, and they don’t move as smoothly. Some people find the smooth, traditional operation of a mechanical watch appealing, while others prefer the ticking sound.
When it comes to the style, everyone will have their own needs and preferences, but it helps to know what’s available.
- Casual watches are durable enough to be worn daily and are great for anything from business casual to weekend wear.
- Dress watches are made from higher quality materials and offer understated elegance. You might wear these if you wear a suit to work every day or if you attend an evening event.
- Fashion watches are designer pieces with loads of style.
- Luxury watches are top of the line craftsmanship and materials that last a lifetime with proper care.
- Sport watches offer fitness tracking in a strong, durable package that often features additional tools like a stopwatch, lap recording, shock resistance, and water resistance.
- Dive watches are designed for use in or near the water. They have high readability and visibility underwater as well as resistance to pressure.
- Smartwatches connect to your phone, giving you a hands-free experience with notifications, alerts, texting, and more.
For The Busy Women
Working women often need a little bit of everything from style to functionality and durability. Here are some great options.
Fossil Rose Gold Smartwatch
For working women who need style and functionality, this Fossil watch offers a hybrid of both understated elegance and smartwatch technology. You’ll never be late for another meeting you’ll look fabulous during your big presentation. If the person you’re getting it for appreciates technology, this is the perfect gift.
Tony Bianco Wesley
This Tony Bianco Wesley watch has a traditional look and feel. The white leather band with gold accents provide subtle style while offering durability that you can wear every day with any outfit.
Olivia Burton Marble Florals
The elegant floral pattern on the face of this watch gives your accessories a soft and graceful touch. The gold can be worn with any outfit, and the stainless steel band provides comfort and durability for daily wear.
The Gist of It
Look no further than these watches for women to get you started when looking for statement pieces to get someone as a gift or wear to work.
P.S. If you enjoyed this post, sign up to my newsletter to get the latest advice, tips, and giveaways right into your inbox!