When you think of lip plumping you’re probably having the image of Kylie Jenner run through your mind and may not be all that inclined to read what I am about to tell you….not at all!!
I will talk about how to plump lips with non-invasive methods, that won’t hurt, or require you to inject anything in your lips.
Plus, you can download my step by step tutorial to quickly and easily plump your lips with 2 products ONLY! You’ll also get an exclusive discount inside on lip plumper that naturally and permanently increases your lip size.
How to Plump Lips Methods
I for one love natural, DIY, supplement taking ideas to increase or decrease anything in the body without having to go under the knife, inject meds or do anything too time consuming that will only deter me from the whole idea.
Plumping my lips falls under that. I never had thin lips but always wanted to know how to plump lips, especially my upper one, without botox or surgery.
So here’s what I found and in order of recommendation…
1. NuSkin Colour Contouring Lip Gloss
Kiss thin, undefined lips goodbye with Nu Colour Contouring Lip Gloss for full, shapely, youthful looking lips. Most lip plumping products increase lip volume by temporarily increasing blood flow to the lips. Nu Colour Contouring Lip Gloss contours and defines the outline of the lips immediately and over time by promoting a key component of fuller lips.
This ultra shiny gloss features an oligopeptide ingredient technology that defines and contours lips, focusing on the “cupid’s bow” that tends to fade with age.
This peptide helps you achieve full, shapely lips—in clinical studies, this ingredient improved and increased lip
definition by 40% after 28 days of regular use. Gloss at least 3 times a day and watch your lips grow.
At $25, this product lasts you upwards of 2 months as you don’t need to apply a lot every time. I also use it as nightly treatment for my lips. You can check my results for proof as well as others’.
Get 20% off your first order with code EXCLUSIVE20. Enter it at checkout to get your discount.
- Long-wearing formula
- Contours lips, giving shape and enhances definition
- Helps promote fuller looking lips
- Provides ultra long-wearing shine
- Supplies antioxidant protection for more youthful looking lips
- Improves elasticity and smoothness
- Some contain:
- Seed oil—an antioxidant that in its active form contains vitamin E, protecting lips against free radical damage to keep them looking healthy and youthful
- Dipalmitoyl hydroxyproline (DPHP)—an amino acid synthesized in the body fortifying lip tissue to increase moisture content, helping alleviate cracking and dryness
2. Nuskin Lip Plumping Balm
Give your lips an instant boost and perfect your pout. Nu Colour Lip Plumping Balm will help your lips look fuller, while also helping them to feel moisturized and soft. It gives a tint of pink on the lips.
This is a great product made without any harsh chemicals to immediately plump your lips. It is highly recommended as the results are real and the company is trustworthy. You won’t be wasting your money investing in a tube of $32.
Just check out these results.
Get 20% off your first order with code EXCLUSIVE20. Enter it at checkout to get your discount.
3. The “Un-pro” Makeup Trick
In high school, I found a quick and easy method to increase the size of my upper lip as that’s where I found my pout lacked. I’ve been using that method since then. Bear in mind that it is not pro makeup artist approved but it sure is quick, easy and inexpensive…all it takes is one product, in comparison to 4 or 5 when you want to “professionally” increase your lip size with makeup. I’m all about simplicity when it comes to makeup, skincare and hair routines. You can relate as a mom. It’s not out of laziness, but it’s for time efficiency. Ask me when I was 20, my answer may have been “Sure I’ll go the long route.”
It’s so simple you’re gonna think I’m lying:
- Start with clean lips.
- Use a lip liner slightly darker than your natural lip colour – note that may change from winter to summer as we get more tanned.
- I use Gosh or L’Oréal Paris Nude lip liner.
- If your problem is your upper lip like me, add a thin and faint line just above your cupids bow that you can stretch to the corners or your lips at each end.
- To add to your lower lip and increase drama, line the bottom of your lips and emphasize the centre.
- Add lipgloss, lip balm or your fave lipstick. I used Too Faced Lip Injection to emphasize my lips.
- If you’r adding a different colour lips, make sure to go over the line with the lipstick to cover the line you just drew, or use another lip liner that matches the lipstick colour.
Here’s a video tutorial to help you achieve the effect:
It’s a fail proof easy trick that you can do even on your no makeup days and feel like you have twice the lip size you had.
4. Glamglow Plumarageous Gloss
This lip treatment has a strong minty flavour and a super glossy finish. It gives a high level of plumping upon first application and a real increase in volume when used for about a week.
Yet the burning sensation can be intense for some people, it does give a dramatic effect almost instantly. Though the application may appear a little heavy and goopy.
For a little over $20, you can get a CandyLipz apple. It’s a lip plumping suction device that gives you a fuller pout. You put your lips in the cut-outs and inhale. This creates a vacuum effect, giving your lips a plumper appearance. The suction method works well for a plumpy lip.
Here are some thoughts about:
- Noticeable pouty appearance
- No fear of chemicals touching your skin
- Long lasting and reusable
- No discomfort or burning sensation
- Effect fades away in about 2-3 hours
- Leaves a red line around your mouth and a bluish-purple mark on your lips that can be mistaken for a light bruise
If you intend on using it, make sure your lips are not chapped. Regular use can render better results, however you may want to cover the bluish hue under some serious lip colour.
6. Active Bee Venom Lip Plumper
This bee venom lip plumper is made with Manuka honey, shea butter, grape seed oil, and cocoa butter. Apparently the secret ingredient is the pure New Zealand bee venom.
The venom is used to fool the skin into thinking it’s been lightly stung, gently stimulating collagen production beneath the lips’ surface giving you that perfectly “Bee Stung” lips.
- Regular will give you plump and lusciously full looking lips
- There will be a tingling sensation
- Can be worn under lipstick
- The other ingredients soothe, soften and calm the lips
- Do not use it if you have an allergy to bees or bee products. Test it on a small skin area before
It’s $18 a stick and just like everything, it doesn’t do its magic on everyone.
7. Too Faced Lip Injection
This is one of the products I tried and still use from time to time. While many love it, I personally didn’t think it was all that amazing. I love Too Faced but not hyped about this craze.
It goes for $29 and may be found at cheaper prices on Amazon.
Too Faced Lip Injection gives a pout with 3-4 applications:
- Somewhat of an instant transformation
- More long lasting than others but have to reapply throughout the day
- Comes in sweet flavour of berries
- Vegan friendly
- Mostly natural products
- Burning sensation is severe lasting up to 10 minutes
- May cause temporary redness if the product touches the skin outside the lips
8. DIY Lip Plumping Scrub
This DIY recipe by Poppy Juice is another lip plumper idea.
- Mixing bowl
- Olive oil (1 tablespoon) – For moisturizing
- Powdered cinnamon (1 teaspoon) – To enhance the plumping effect
- Salt or sugar (1 tablespoon) – To make the concoction coarser
- Lip balm container
- Take the mixing bowl and start preparing the blend of ground cinnamon and olive oil.
- Add the sugar or salt to it and stir well to add. This will transform the mixture into a thick, smooth paste.
- Transfer it to the lip balm container.
- Take some amount of the scrub and massage it onto your lips for about 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse it with water and pat dry. Just apply some lip balm thereafter and prepare to flaunt those stout lips.
The scrubbing process of this increases the blood circulation to the area. I haven’t tried but you’re not losing anything by giving it a go.
9. DIY Cinnamon Lip Balm Plumper
This lip plumping recipe by The Beauty Department will add volume to your lips. It’s fairly easy to create as it only requires 2 ingredients.
- Small plate
- Cinnamon powder or oil (whichever is your favourite of the two.)
- Lip balm
- Transfer lip balm onto the small plate that’s enough for a one application.
- Add some of the cinnamon based on your preference.
- Mix both the ingredients well.
- Massage onto your lips and then wipe it off.
- Apply lip balm to lock in the moisture.
JuvaLips Original is compact, easy to use, and safe lip plumper device. It provides timed treatments at a carefully regulated pressure to boost blood flow into the capillaries of your lips, providing results without painful injections or topical acids.
It comes with a removable mouthpiece and runs on 2 AAA batteries, and includes 5 replacement pads that last for hundreds of uses.
All it takes 1-2 minutes to naturally plump your lips and claims to last up to 4-6 hours or even longer with repeated use. That can definitely be contested based on the reviews.
People are split, claiming that the effect renders no results to those that say the plump lips last only 1-2 hours before it fades. It surely isn’t cheap at $140 but does come with a 30 days money back guarantee.
11. Gold Collagen Plumping Lip Mask
This gold collagen lip mask claims to visibly smooth, moisturize lips, and reduce wrinkles and fine lines and while plumping your lips. With hydration and nourishment, they prevent lips rom cracking and drying out. Through natural collagen replenishment, they reduce wrinkles, smooth the skin out and make lips appear full and sensual.
They stimulate cells regeneration and repair deep skin layers, upholding the effect of healthy and firm skin to protect against premature aging caused by UV light, makeup and other factors.
Users however have complained that the product does not stick, falls off and therefore are weary of that deep penetration. Some have also claimed that there is no effect while others love it. At $8.49 for 10 masks, it’s worth a try to see what kind of effects you get.
The Gist of it
Now that you have multiple options to naturally and in some, immediately enhance your lips, it’s easy to make a choice of lip plumper. My personal option? Nuskin has proven time and time again with every product I’ve tried that they are leaders in their products and truly render what they claim.
The Nuskin lip gloss has made a difference in my lips within a couple of weeks.
What’s your pick?
P.S. If you enjoyed this post, sign up to my newsletter to get the latest advice, tips, and giveaways right into your inbox!