Putting on clip in hair extensions doesn’t have to be a brutal task. With a few simple steps, putting on clip in hair extensions doesn’t have to be a drag or a task only to be performed by your friends or a professional. It also doesn’t have to take an hour.
I’ve written a post before about how you can DIY glue your hair extensions. Now it’s all about how you can learn to put clip in hair extensions in 10-15 minutes.
Putting on Clip in Hair Extensions
Here’s what you need to get started:
- Clip in hair extensions (mine are from Bellami in the colour dark brown) – pack contain 10 pieces:
- two 4-clip wefts;
- two 3-clip wefts;
- two 2-clip wefts; and
- four single clip wefts.
- Hair clips
- Comb with a pointed end
- Scrunchy or hair tie (optional)
- Hairspray (optional)
- Blowdryer (optional – try Shop Hair Dryers)
10 Minutes to Clip in Hair Extensions Stardom
Follow these steps to be ready with fabulous hair in 10 minutes
1. Brush your hair to get rid of any knots or tangles.
2. Section your hair around the back of your head from the top of your ears and tie all the hair up with a scrunchy, hair tie or hair clip.
3. Section your hair around the back of your head again from the middle of your ears and clip that section of hair up.
4. Take your comb and tease your hair at the roots and clip in one of the 3-clip wefts. Make sure the clip from the clip in hair extensions digs into the area you teased.
OPTIONAL: you can use hairspray to make it last longer.
5. Unclip the second smaller clip in hair extensions section and repeat step 4, but use a 4-clip weft this time.
5. Bring down the hair from the hair tie/scrunchy.
6. Section your hair around your head again, this time starting at your temple or about an 1 1/2″ above your ear, all the way to the other side of your head. Tie up the hair at the top.
7. Repeat the teasing process once again, using the last 3-clip weft. Make sure the first clip from the weft isn’t directly above your ear otherwise it won’t be stable and will feel slightly uncomfortable.
8. Take out the hair from the scrunchy and from the opposite side, section it a bit higher, just enough so that a thin layer of hair can sit on top of the last weft.
9. Tease your hair and put in the last 4-clip weft.
10. Bring down all your hair once again and part your hair the way you want. I part my hair from the right side. If you part your hair on the side, the side with your bangs will be thicker so you will use more wefts there.
11. On the thicker side, section your hair right above the weft you put in previously.
12. Tease your hair and clip in a 2-clip weft. Repeat the same exact process on the other side again with the other 2-clip weft, but make sure the hair that will cover that weft isn’t too thing otherwise the extensions will show.
13. Now you should have the 4 single clip wefts left. If you part your hair in the middle, you will use 2 on each side. But like I said before, if you part your hair on the side, the side with your bangs will be thicker so you will use more wefts there (I used 3 of the 4).
14. Section your hair right above the 2-clip weft, tease it and put in the single clips side by side.
15. On the thinner side, section your hair once again, still making sure that the layer of hair covering the clips will be thick enough.
16. Tease your hair and put in a single clip as close to your hairline as possible without it showing at all. On the thicker side, section your hair a little higher than the two single clips you put there before, tease and clip in the last single clip in your bangs, again as close to your hairline as possible and making sure it doesn’t show.
17. Finally, gently and carefully brush out your hair to blend your natural hair and extensions together to make sure they look as natural as possible and feel around your head to make sure all the clips are concealed.
If you choose to blow dry your hair extensions, use the lowest heat settings in order to prevent damage. Shop Hair Dryers has a list of hair dryers with multiple heat and speed settings suitable for extensions. Once your extensions have dried, style them as desired.
The Jest of it
To be ready with clip in hair extensions in 10-15 minutes, follow the video or the steps above. If you choose to blow dry them, check Shop Hair Dryers for great dryers that won’t harm your extensions.
You’ll look dazzling in minutes! Try the Bellami clip in hair extensions for some great quality ones.
What tips do you have to make the clip in hair extensions process easier?
I leave you with one of my #ootd’s from my Instagram feed where I have my extensions on. Check it out and Instagram and let me know what you of it.
P.S. If you enjoyed this post, you might like to receive my fashion, beauty, fitness, home décor, and DIY tips and tricks that will save your life right into your inbox! Get a free health hacks download when you sign up!
This is Grace
Grace from Color & Grace. Based in Troy, Michigan, Grace is a 41 year-old petite woman who loves colours. Born and raised in China, she moved to America for love in 2007. Her day job – teacher. Her dream job – fashion blogger. Make sure to go and check out her blog and leave her a comment on her awesome outfit.
It’s Time for You to Link up
Make Sure to Follow Your Host
- Bloglovin: Grace & The WardrobeStylist
- Google +: Grace & The Wardrobe Stylist
- Instagram: Grace & The Wardrobe Stylist
Here’s a list of the linkups I link to. You can also sign up for the link up there.