I’ve discovered DIY pallet projects last year when I moved into my new house somewhat by chance. It wasn’t through Pinterest that I knew you can make DIY pallet projects.
I live in an area of newly built homes. Lots of crates lay around ready for someone to find them a home. I thought to myself it would be so cool if I can create wall art from these. I picked up 2 to create 2 DIY pallet projects that will serve as art boards over my mantle and my bed.
Since then, I’ve been so obsessed with DIY pallet projects that I decided to not only show off my mine, but also those of others that you will organize your home. Some can be really amazing Father’s Day gift ideas that you can make. With many only requiring a few focused hours, little money, you definitely have plenty of time to start one up! But if you’re looking for less labour intensive ideas, you can always check out my Useful Father’s Day Gift Guide. Don’t forget to enter the giveaway at the end of that post for a chance to win a Father’s Day gift.
DIY Pallet Projects For Your Home
Here are a few ideas that will organize your home in a few easy steps, that won’t cost you much.
#1 – Pallet Wall Art
When I did this, I used a very labour intensive method to disassemble my crate. Since then, I found a tutorial that will help you achieve the same results in less time (and pain!!!) from We Lived Happily Ever After.
- Wooden pallet/Crate
- Power screw driver
- 2 boards used as backing to secure the crate boards together
- Decorative item to hang on the final product
Steps to Achieve Your Wall Art
- Get 2 solid boards that will serve as your backing to hold your distressed wood together.
- Cut it to the length you want.
- Choose how many boards you want but ensure all will fit onto the back boards that will hold them together.
- Remove the boards from the crate.
- Clean the board with a damp cloth and let them dry.
- Once they dry, slap on the varnish onto each board and let it dry. Do the other side and allow to dry.
- Line up the boards with the desired gap between each.
- Attach the crate boards onto the separate wood boards with a screwdriver. You’ll need to screw in 2 screws for each board on each side to make sure it’s steady and sturdy.
- Add hooks on the back of the boards to be able to hang it on the wall.
- Add 2 nails or 3 depending on what decor item you are looking to hang on the front.
- Hang it before you add your decor item.
#2 – Pallet Wood Patio Chair
This pallet wood patio chair off of my DIY pallet projects is a practical idea for your front porch or your backyard. It’s beautiful and practical. You can decorate it anyway you like and match it to your current outdoor decor. Thanks to Funky Junk Interiors, we have the steps to create this DIY pallet project.
#3 – Pallet Coffee Table
This pallet coffee table form 1001 Pallets can beautify your home and organize it. You’ll know why when you inspect the photos.. This is one project I’ve been meaning to take on, but I need to find more crates to take apart and create it ;).
#4 – Patio Table with Built-in Cooler
This item from my DIY pallet projects is like a piece of art. A patio table with a built-in cooler, how cool is that?? It was done by Kruse’s Workshop but the instructions are available on Remodelholic.
#5 – Pallet Bookshelf
I like this one as it plays dual roles, it organizes a room and decorates it. This pallet bookshelf is the perfect accent piece to any room.
#6 – Pallet Kitchen Island
#7 – Pallet Coat Rack
The pallet coat rack must be one of the easiest and quickest DIY pallet projects to replicate. I love how this one from Kick of Time turned out.
#8 – Pallet Garage Storage
This garage storage idea is very tempting to create because it really does usefully put away all the garage junk that might be hard to hang, or throw on the built in shelves.
#9 – Pallet Laundry Basket Dresser
#10 – Pallet Deck Water Cooler
These 9 DIY pallet projects are perfect summer projects to get you organized around the house, and as I said earlier, a thoughtful and one-of-a-kind gift for your dad.
- Mantle/Bed Wall Art
- Pallet Wood Patio Chair
- Pallet Coffee Table
- Patio Table with Built-in Cooler
- Pallet Bookshelf
- Pallet Kitchen Island
- Pallet Coat Rack
- Pallet Garage Storage
- Pallet Laundry Basket Dresser
- Pallet Deck Water Cooler
Do you have particular DIY pallet projects you’ve done or would like to get done this summer?
This is Grace
Grace from Color & Grace. Based in Troy, Michigan, Grace is a 41 year-old petite woman who loves colours. Born and raised in China, she moved to America for love in 2007. Her day job – teacher. Her dream job – fashion blogger. Make sure to go and check out her blog and leave her a comment on her awesome outfit.
It’s Time for You to Link up
Make Sure to Follow Your Host
- Bloglovin: Grace & The WardrobeStylist
- Google +: Grace & The Wardrobe Stylist
- Instagram: Grace & The Wardrobe Stylist
Here’s a list of the linkups I link to. You can also sign up for the link up there.