A couple of months ago, my girlfriends and I got together for some makeup, hair, and jewellery, fashion fun. We thought we’d do this every once in a while where we’d pick a theme and style one of us, get all glammed up and post about it. The fun part of this is you get a FREE download ♥ HERE ♥ or at the end of what to do to achieve the look for hair, makeup, and fashion.
Glam it Up for NYE
For our first glam night in, we wanted an outfit idea that would be different for NYE. We chose our NYE gold jewellery to match and Arabian Nights themed outfit. I pulled out my leopard kaftan with some bold NYE gold jewellery and accessories:
- aqua stone ring (this one has a silver frame though)
- cuff bracelet
- hair chains
- ankle bracelet
to complete the Arabian Nights look with our NYE gold jewellery. Of course, I was missing a key item that I’ve been so absolutely in love with lately. It’s these selected criss cross x rings from One by One Jewellery.
I’ve talked about this brand before on the blog here, and here. They surely know how to pick their pieces (and make me want every one of them). I love their selections and their style. It’s very much the new me (simpler, more refined style…or at least I like to think that of myself lol…)
Get the Arabian Nights Look With NYE Gold Jewellery
Clothes & Footwear
Kaftan originate from North Africa but have made it into mainstream fashion for their exotic and glam appeal. Because they are generally see-through, it’s best to pair them with pants and tank top for ultra comfort.
You can opt to wear a slip under but I’d suggest one without any bedroom-like lace around it.
- Leggings or skinny jeans/pants
- Colour to be based on the kaftan colour
- Tank top
- Colour to be based on the kaftan colour
- T strap high heel shoes or gladiator or bondage open toe high heels are great
Jewels & Accessories
- Slave bracelets
- Arm band
- Oversized rings in natural stones
- Simpler rings such as the criss cross x ring
- Head chains
- These can be found on Etsy at great prices
- Ankle bracelet
- Ankle slave bracelets
- Again you can get those on Etsy for decent prices.
Earrings are optional here. But if you happen to be on the One by One Jewellery site, I’d love if you can check out their solid sterling silver stud earrings and let me know what you think. They come in varying colours such as gold, rose gold, and silver. For me, some of these pieces are the definition of elegance. I personally prefer the criss cross stud earrings but there are a few to choose from.
They surely know how to select their pieces. The X stud earrings in gold would be great as part of your NYE gold jewellery ensemble.
The MakeUp Look
One of the most important components of this look is makeup! Ever watched Al-Jazeera? Have you taken notice of the makeup style? Yes exquisite but quite intense. My friend Maha from Makeup by Maha gives us the steps to achieve this mazing look.
You won’t get away with a simple finish of you want to achieve the Arabian Nights look and make your NYE gold jewellery stand out. You gotta go all the way baby!
Here’s What you Need to Know
The key to a great cut crease is patience, and a bit of practice.
- Apply eye primer such as MAC PRO LONGWEAR PAINTPOT in soft ochre to the entire lid.
- Apply a highlight like Gesso on the inner corner of the eye and brow bone.
- Along the crease area, draw a line from the outer corner of the eye to the inner corner with a kohl pencil or eyeliner.
- Use an eye shader brush like the Eco tools brush to blend the eyeliner out. Use small windshield wiper movements to blend the kohl or eyeliner.
- Apply any eye shadow colour you like over the line ( I used Naked from the UD NAKED palette). You can go a bit above the line as well. Ensure you are blending the colour toward the inner corner of your eye. TIP: I wanted a dramatic cut crease so for the step above I thickened the eye shadow line with the NAKED shadow.
- Apply shadow all over the lid to add colour to the look. I used Half Baked from the UD NAKED palette.
- Create a winged look with any liquid/gel liner you have on hand. I used Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner in Black.
- For a more dramatic look add glitter on top of the Half Baked Shadow. I used Annabelle Glitterama in Solar Flare.
- For added drama, apply Naked from the UD NAKED Palette to the lower lashline and go over it with a bit of Darkhorse, also from the NAKED palette.
- Line your inner lashline with kohl black pencil.
- Finish the look off with falsies and a good coat of mascara. I used Maybelline Volume Express Colossal.
The Hair Essentials
The Arabian Nights Look and NYE gold jewellery requires that you let the hair down, and maximise on volume. My friend Nadine gives us the show-down on how it’s to be done.
Here’s How to Get the Hairstyle
- Blow out the hair before styling.
- Take a section of the hair and curl it with the curling iron or wand.
- Curl the hair and pin up each section.
- Let the hair set for 15-20 minutes.
- Take the pins out and brush each curl out separately to create a wavy look.
- Spray if desired.
- Clip the hair chains underneath the hair strands close to the ears to hide the attaching clips.
- Add the top head chain and align with the hair partition. Voilà! You are set to be beautiful!
Now you can look fabulous for NYE. Download your FREE copy of the step by step guide ♥ HERE ♥so you have it handy when you are looking for your pieces or trying to follow the hair and makeup steps.
If you LOVE the download, please share it. A special thanks to our special model Simar from MiniMe City.